In this presentation, we will review practical strategies on how to get the most out of a “docs as code” working environment. Based on the presenters’ experiences, we will cover key aspects of this way of working, including:
- How the “docs as code” model work for us
- Agile processes
- Integration with the rest of the company
- Defining responsibilities
- Effective processes that work in a multinational company with a large variety of products working in a “docs as code” model
- Skills required
- Tradeoffs with more traditional approaches
Listeners will benefit from familiarity with software documentation, but this is not a strict requirement.
Nick Hill is currently a Technical Writing Manager at HERE. He has over 20 years of experience in the technical communications industry and has focused on software documentation for some time. He is a board member of the Finnish Technical Communications Society.
Juliane Groß supports and advises software development teams around the world as a DocOps Technical Writer. She is also a member of the Terminology Board and the Writing Standards Board at HERE.