Information on the Processing of Personal Data
(1) In the following passages, we have provided information on the processing of personal data when you use this WebPortal. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, for example your name, address, email addresses, and behavior as a user. "Processing" means any operation performed on personal data, such as collecting, recording, storing, or changing data.
(1) Both associations
- Gesellschaft für Technische Kommunikation – tekom Deutschland e.V. and
- European Association for Technical Communication – tekom Europe e.V.
work together with tcworld GmbH as service provider. tcworld GmbH renders services for members and is an event organizer and publishing house for tekom publications, as well as a provider of training in the field of technical communication.
The controller, as defined by Article 4 (7) in conjunction with Article 26 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is tcworld GmbH, together with the above-mentioned associations ("joint controllership").
(2) A joint controllership is where two or more controllers are jointly responsible for processing personal data because they can jointly (not necessarily to the same extent!) determine the purposes and means of the processing. The GDPR stipulates that joint controllers
- must specify, by means of an arrangement between them, which controller is responsible for which duties as regards the exercising of the rights of the data subject (e.g. duty to provide information), unless this is determined by Union or Member State law
- may designate a contact point for data subjects in the arrangement, and
- must make additional, key points of the arrangement (e.g. the actual functions and relations of the joint controllers) available to the data subject.
However, these specifications apply with binding effect only within the scope of the internal relationship between the joint controllers – for example if it must be proved that one of the joint controllers has actually fulfilled its contractual obligations. Regardless of any arrangements made, data subjects have the right to exercise their rights in respect of and against each of the controllers. Joint controllers should incorporate a liability clause in the contract, in which they specify which controller is liable for which data incidents within the internal relationship. Data subjects are free to choose which of the joint controllers should be liable to them.
(3) The address of their joint office is:
+49 711 65704-0
Fax +49 711 65704-99
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our site or would like to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you in detail below of the relevant processes. We will also inform you of the defined criteria for the storage period.
(5) Our joint data protection officer can be contacted at datenschutz(at)tekom.de or at our postal address for the attention of the "Data Protection Officer".
Personal Data Collected on the WebPortal
Collection of Personal Data When You Visit Our WebPortal
(1) If you use the WebPortal for purely informational reasons, that is, if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not gather any personal data, with the exception of data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the WebPortal.
If you would like to look at our WebPortal, we will collect the following data, which is necessary for us in order to display our WebPortal to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR)
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted each time
- Website from which the request originates
- Referring URL (the site previously visited)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
(1) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our WebPortal.
Cookies are small text files stored in association with the browser you use on your hard disk, which cause certain information to flow to the location that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make internet service more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
(2) This WebPortal uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see a below)
- Persistent cookies (see b below)
(a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies belong to this group in particular. These cookies store what is known as a Session ID, using which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This way, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
(b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
(3) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes or change your settings via the cookie banner and refuse to accept third-party cookies, for examples. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Use of Tools and Marketing Services
Here you will find a list of the tools and marketing services used, followed by the respective detailed explanations.
- Google Analytics + Google Signals + Google-Re/Marketing Services
- Facebook "visitor action pixel
a) Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with European data protection law (see https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active ).
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website,to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de ) download and install the available browser plug-in.
We point out that on this website Google Analytics has been expanded to include the code “gat._anonymizeIp ();” has been expanded to ensure an anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
You can also configure the recording of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link . An opt-out cookie is then set which prevents the further collection of your data when you visit this website. This procedure is particularly recommended when accessing our site via mobile devices.
We base the use of the aforementioned analysis tool on Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR: processing is carried out to analyze user behavior and is therefore necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests.
We also use Google Signals , an extension of Google Analytics.
Here, visitor data from our website and / or our apps are recorded in Google Analytics and linked to your Google account, i.e. your logged-in user, we are provided with anonymized data, we have no access to your personal individual data. This only happens if you have previously consented to such a link on Google in order to receive personalized advertising. Visitor data includes: end user location, search history, YouTube history and data on Google partner websites. This data is used to provide aggregated and anonymized statistics on the behavior of our users across all devices.
At: https://myactivity.google.com/ you can view “My Activities” and delete them at any time and object to personalized advertising in your Google account.
Google Re / Marketing Services
We use the marketing and remarketing services (“Google Marketing Services” for short) from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (“Google”).
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with European data protection law ( https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active ).
The Google Marketing Services allow us to display advertisements for and on our website in a more targeted manner in order to only present users with advertisements that potentially correspond to their interests. If, for example, a user is shown advertisements for products that he was interested in on other websites, this is referred to as "remarketing". For these purposes, when our and other websites on which Google marketing services are active are accessed, Google immediately executes a code from Google and so-called (re) marketing tags (invisible graphics or code, also known as “pixels "Called) integrated into the website. With their help, an individual cookie, ie a small file, is saved on the user's device (comparable technologies can also be used instead of cookies).The cookies can be set by various domains, including google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com or googleadservices.com. This file records which websites the user has visited, which content he is interested in and which offers he has clicked, as well as technical information about the browser and operating system, referring websites, visiting time and other information on the use of the online offer. The IP address of the user is also recorded, whereby we inform you as part of Google Analyticsthat the IP address is shortened within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area and only transferred in full to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. The IP address will not be merged with the user's data within other Google offers. The aforementioned information can also be combined by Google with information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, the advertisements tailored to him can be displayed according to his interests.The aforementioned information can also be combined by Google with information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, the advertisements tailored to him can be displayed according to his interests.The aforementioned information can also be combined by Google with information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, the advertisements tailored to him can be displayed according to his interests.
The user data is processed pseudonymously as part of the Google marketing services. This means that Google does not store and process the name or email address of the user, for example, but processes the relevant data cookie-related within pseudonymous user profiles. In other words, from Google's point of view, the ads are not managed and displayed for a specifically identified person, but for the cookie holder, regardless of who this cookie holder is. This does not apply if a user has expressly allowed Google to process the data without this pseudonymisation. The information collected by Google Marketing Services about users is transmitted to Google and stored on Google's servers in the USA.
The Google marketing services we use include the online advertising program "Google Ads (formerly AdWords)". In the case of Google Ads, each Google Ads customer receives a different "conversion cookie". This means that cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Google Ads customers. The information obtained with the help of the cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Google Ads customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Google Ads customers find out the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information with which users can be personally identified.
We also use the “Google Tag Manager” to integrate and manage Google analysis and marketing services on our website.
Further information on the use of data for marketing purposes by Google can be found on the overview page: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/ , Google's data protection declaration is at https://www.google.com/policies/ privacy / available.
If you want to object to interest-based advertising by Google Marketing Services, you can use the setting and opt-out options provided by Google: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ .
We base this commitment on Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
b) Use of the Facebook visitor action pixel
With your consent, the “visitor action pixel” of Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) will be used on our website.
With the “visitor action pixel”, actions of users can be tracked as soon as they are forwarded to a provider's website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and to optimize our marketing measures accordingly. The data recorded is anonymous to us, we cannot see any personal data of individual users or draw conclusions about them.
Facebook stores and processes this data. Facebook can therefore assign this data to your Facebook account. You can enable Facebook and its partners to place advertisements on and outside of Facebook. A cookie can also be stored on your computer for these purposes. You can find more information about the collection and use of data by Facebook as well as your related rights and options for protecting your privacy in Facebook's data guidelines: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Consent to the use of the Facebook visitor action pixel may only be given by users who are older than 13 years old. You can withdraw your consent.
You can object to the collection by the Facebook pixel and the use of your data to display Facebook ads. In order to set which types of advertisements are shown to you within Facebook, you can call up the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions there on the settings for usage-based advertising: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads . The settings are platform-independent, ie they are adopted for all devices such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
You can also do this here directly on our website.
We base this commitment on Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Use of Marketo/Analysis of User Behavior through Tracking
(1) We use the services of Marketo EMEA Limited to send out our newsletter and other mailings (call for papers), to manage advertising permissions, and to collect statistical data on the use of our WebPortal and optimize the site accordingly. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(2) We would like to point out that when sending out the newsletters or other requested information on our behalf, Marketo analyzes your user behavior. To perform this analysis, the emails that are dispatched contain "web beacons" (also known as "tracking pixels"). These are single-pixel image files that link to our WebPortal, thereby enabling us to perform a session-based analysis of your user behavior. We record when you read our newsletter, which links in the newsletter you click on, and conclude from this what your personal interests are. Marketo stores the information collected in this way on its server in the EU/EEA.
(3) Tracking is not possible if you have disabled the display of images by default in your email program. In this event, however, the newsletter will not be displayed to you in full and you may not be able to use all of its functions. If you manually allow the images to be displayed, the above-mentioned tracking will take place.
(4) If you purchase a product or service from us, your email address and name will be imported into Marketo’s systems so that we can send you information emails for similar goods or services in future. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) 1 lit f) GDPR.
(5) Marketo’s address and URL with its Privacy Notice:
Marketo EMEA Ltd.
South County Business Park
Web Analysis Services (Matomo)
Use of Web Analysis Services (Matomo)
(1) To optimize our WebPortal, we use the web analysis service Matomo, which analyzes what visitors access on our WebPortal. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Piwik is Article 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(2) We use Matomo in conformity with the GDPR: Analysis is done using by cookies (see above). Cookies collect information regarding your use of our WebPortal. This information is stored solely on our server in Germany. We use "AnonymizeIP". With this, IP addresses are then only used in a shortened form, which does not enable individual identification of users' personal data. The IP address transmitted from your browser by Matomo will not be associated with any other data collected by us.
(3) The Matomo program is an open source project. Information from this third party concerning data protection can be found here.
(4) You have the option of preventing Matomo cookies from being stored on your computer and your use of this website being tracked by Matomo. For this purpose please use the cookie banner. In the basic setting Matomo is not activated.
Social Media Plugins
A variety of social media links such as links to XING, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are integrated into our WebPortal.
However, these links are not integrated through social media plug-ins. The graphics of the social media platforms contain only an http link to our respective presence on social media. This means that when you visit our website, no direct connection is established with the servers of the various social media platforms.
Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We included YouTube videos in our web offerings. They are stored at http://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our WebPortal.
(2) When you visit our WebPortal, YouTube is informed that you have accessed the corresponding page on this website. Also, any data referred to in § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. YouTube will do this regardless of whether you are logged in with a user account provided by YouTube or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be associated directly with your account. In case you do not want your profile to be associated with YouTube, however, make sure to log out before clicking the corresponding button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its demand-oriented website. This type of evaluation is used in particular to provide advertising tailored to your needs (even for users who are not logged in) and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our WebPortal. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles by contacting YouTube to exercise this right.
User accounts and profiles associated with the registration
User account in “my conference tool”
(1) For access to the virtual facilities of the conference and trade fair, your user account will be used by 'my tekom' or 'my conference tool'. After registering for the conference at https://tcworldconference.tekom.de/my-conference-tool, you can log in with your usual login and use the virtual conference facility.
If no user account is available, a user account for 'my conference tool' will be created for you after registration.
The following data will be added to your user account:
- First and last name
- Email address (as username)
- Other data required for conference organization, e.g. billing address
(2) If a user account was created during the registration process, you will receive an activation link from the organizer. Only after you have activated the user account can you log in to 'my conference tool' and use the virtual conference facility.
(3) Further information on the use of your user account regarding data protection with regard to the use of the conference portal (e.g. cookies, social media plug-ins, user account) can be found here.
Your profile in the Event App
For the first time, we are using an event app for the tcworld conference. When you register for the tcworld conference, a user profile will be created for you in the event app. The event app can be used as an app on your smartphone or as a desktop application. It provides the following functions and services:
- Networking participants
- Live streaming
- Program overview
- Chats and discussion groups
- Exhibitor profiles
- Booking appointments
- Video calls
- Job market
Your profile in the Café tekom
In Café tekom you can talk to other participants directly at virtual tables during the breaks in the lectures. You can enter the tekom-Café directly via your browser and cell phone, you do not need to install any additional software.
Transfer of personal data
Below is a statement of which companies we work with and what personal data is transmitted in this process.
We are working with the following companies for the event:
- Registration: EMENDO Event + Congress GmbH & Co. KG
- Conference service provider: LogMeIn
- Event app: Swapcard
- café tekom: Hello Videochat / efec AG
Registration is carried out by EMENDO. Further information on the processing of personal data during the registration process can be found at https://h20.tekom-tagungen.de/registration/page/dataprotection.
The collection of data during the registration process is for the purpose of performing a contract . The legal basis for data processing is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Art. 6, para. 1, p. 1, lit b.
b) Conference service provider LogMeIn
We work with LogMeIn as our conference service provider. When you register for presentations, meetings, tutorials or panel discussions using 'my conference tool', we share the following personal information with the conference service provider in the USA:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
Depending on the format of the event, participants may engage in live discussion and the names of the participants may be visible.
Contact details: LogMeIn, 320 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA
LogMeIn guarantees an adequate level of data protection according to GDPR Art. 46, para. 2, lit. c. For more information, please visit www.logmeininc.com/de/gdpr/gdpr-compliance.
The legal basis for data processing is GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. b – Performing contractual obligations - Participation in events.
c) Event app: Swapcard
(1) We work with Swapcard as an event service provider. The event app provides the essential services mentioned in point 2 in the context of conference and trade fair participation. The legal basis for data processing is GDPR, Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. b – Fulfillment of contractual obligations - Participation in events.
(2) When you register, the following personal data will be transferred to Swapcard:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company (if specified)
- Position (if specified)
(3) Creation of a user profile:
With the help of this data, a basic user profile will be created by Swapcard. You as a participant will receive a link for the initial activation of your profile on Swapcard approx. 14–20 days before the event starts. By activating your profile, you can manage your visibility on the platform yourself. By default, your profile is visible to other participants. However, you can change the visibility of your profile at any time. You also have the option to add further information to your profile such as
- Additional function
- Social media
- Additional information about your areas of interest
- Contact information (email, address, phone numbers)
Contact information is generally not visible to other participants. However, you can intentionally share contact information with other participants by sending contact requests or agreeing to receive contact requests.
If your profile is visible to other participants, the other participants will also see which session you have registered for.
Exhibitors can also see which participants have attended their tool presentations and then send you a contact request.
(4) Participants in the event are all registered persons who have a profile in Swapcard. This includes conference participants, trade fair visitors, speakers and exhibitors.
(5) If you do not activate your profile on Swapcard, the following services of our virtual event will not be available to you: networking with other participants and facilities of the digital fair (exhibitor profiles, consulting interviews with exhibitors, tool presentations, job market, chats accompanying the conference presentations, and topical discussion groups).
(6) Further information on Swapcard and data security can be found at https://www.swapcard.com/gdpr/.
d) tekom-Café: efec AG
(1) We cooperate with efec AG to provide the tekom café. With tekom-Café, yet another essential service is being provided in the context of conference and trade fair participation: networking. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR - fulfilment of contractual obligation - participation in an event and networking.
(2) When you register, the following personal data will be transferred to efec AG:
- First and Last Name
- Email address
(3) Installation of user profiles
Your first and last name are used to create your user profile. To activate your profile, you will receive a personalized code from us. You can then expand, change, or delete the information in your profile. You also have the option to set a profile picture. The information of your profile is generally accessible to other users.
(4) Search for participants and joining a table
Participants can search for other participants in Café tekom using a name search. If the person you are looking for is present, the table at which the person is seated is displayed.
(5) Further information about efec AG and data protection can be found at https://efec.de/datenschutzerklaerung/.
Satisfaction survey and advertising
(1) Your satisfaction is important to us. Thus, we are providing you the opportunity to participate in a satisfaction survey after the event. Furthermore, we assume that you are interested in receiving publication notices by email in connection with the presentations you attended and information on similar events. The legal basis for this is GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, lit. f and the German Act against Unfair Competition, §7 para. 3. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to be informed.
(2) Only with your express consent during the registration process within the meaning of GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. a will you receive information about new publications and training programs from tekom/tekom Europe and tcworld GmbH by email, in writing or, in individual cases, by telephone until revocation, which is possible at any time.
(3) You may inform us at any time if you no longer wish to be informed or if you wish to withdraw your consent. You can inform us of this in writing to tcworld GmbH, Rotebühlstraße 64, 70178 Stuttgart, Germany, by fax to +49 711 65704-99, or by email (info(at)tekom.de). You can also select for yourself which information/newsletter(s) you would like to receive using the subscription center.
Planned storage period/deletion of your profiles and user accounts
(1) The personal data associated with the event organization will be deleted by the controller at the latest after the legal retention periods have expired.
(2) EMENDO will delete the collected data within 6 months after the event.
(3) Your profile in the event app is intended for use at further events. 3 years at the latest after the last use of your profile, your data will be automatically deleted by Swapcard. You can delete your profile in Swapcard yourself at any time. If you delete your profile, all information, events, messages and contacts will be removed. This action cannot be undone.
(4) Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage is deleted. This is basically the case after the end of an event.
(5) You can delete your user account under 'my tekom' or 'my conference tool' at any time after the conference if your user account is not also used for your tekom membership under 'my tekom'. If you delete your user account, the controller will delete all data not legally required to be stored or retained.
Rights of Data Subjects
(1) You have the following rights in respect to us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to have data corrected or deleted,
- Right to have processing restricted,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
The users of 'my Conference Tool' can also use the functions in 'my tekom' with their login. The scope of the functions depends on whether you are a member of tekom, tekom Europe or an associated association, or a registered user.