Information on data protection
(1) The event organizer, tcworld GmbH, is the service provider of tekom Deutschland and tekom Europe. With respect to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we hereby notify you that your personal data are being collected, processed and used for purposes of contract fulfillment by tcworld GmbH together with the above-named organizations. The legal basis for the processing is GDPR Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. b.
The controller, as defined by Article 4 (7) in conjunction with Art. 26 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is tcworld GmbH together with the above-mentioned associations.
The address of their joint office is:
70178 Stuttgart, Germany
+49 (0)711 65704-0
Fax +49 (0)711 65704-99
(2) Our data protection officer can be contacted at datenschutz(at)tekom.de or at our postal address (for the attention of the Data Protection Officer). The registration is done by EMENDO Event & Congress on behalf of tcworld GmbH.
2. User accounts and profiles associated with the registration
User account in “my conference tool”
(1) For access to the virtual facilities of the conference and trade fair, your user account will be used by 'my tekom' or 'my conference tool'. After registering for the conference at https://tcworldconference.tekom.de/my-conference-tool, you can log in with your usual login and use the virtual conference facility.
If no user account is available, a user account for 'my conference tool' will be created for you after registration.
The following data will be added to your user account:
- First and last name
- Email address (as username)
- Other data required for conference organization, e.g. billing address
(2) If a user account was created during the registration process, you will receive an activation link from the organizer. Only after you have activated the user account can you log in to 'my conference tool' and use the virtual conference facility.
(3) Further information on the use of your user account regarding data protection with regard to the use of the conference portal (e.g. cookies, social media plug-ins, user account) can be found here.
Your profile in the Event App
For the first time, we are using an event app for the tcworld conference. When you register for the tcworld conference, a user profile will be created for you in the event app. The event app can be used as an app on your smartphone or as a desktop application. It provides the following functions and services:
- Networking participants
- Live streaming
- Program overview
- Chats and discussion groups
- Exhibitor profiles
- Booking appointments
- Video calls
- Job market
Your profile in the tekom-Café
You can communicate directly with other participants at virtual tables in the tekom-Café. The tekom-Café can be accessed directly via browser or mobile phone, no additional software is required.
- tekom-Café: Hello Videochat / efec AG
3. Transfer of personal data
Below is a statement of which companies we work with and what personal data is transmitted in this process.
We are working with the following companies for the event:
- Registration: EMENDO Event + Congress GmbH & Co. KG
- Conference service provider: LogMeIn
- Event app: Swapcard
- tekom-Café: Hello Videochat / efec AG
Registration is carried out by EMENDO. Further information on the processing of personal data during the registration process can be found at https://h20.tekom-tagungen.de/registration/page/dataprotection.
The collection of data during the registration process is for the purpose of performing a contract . The legal basis for data processing is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Art. 6, para. 1, p. 1, lit b.
b) Conference service provider LogMeIn
We work with LogMeIn as our conference service provider. When you register for presentations, meetings, tutorials or panel discussions using 'my conference tool', we share the following personal information with the conference service provider in the USA:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
Depending on the format of the event, participants may engage in live discussion and the names of the participants may be visible.
Contact details: LogMeIn, 320 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA
LogMeIn guarantees an adequate level of data protection according to GDPR Art. 46, para. 2, lit. c. For more information, please visit www.logmeininc.com/de/gdpr/gdpr-compliance.
The legal basis for data processing is GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. b – Performing contractual obligations - Participation in events.
c) Event app: Swapcard
(1) We work with Swapcard as an event service provider. The event app provides the essential services mentioned in point 2 in the context of conference and trade fair participation. The legal basis for data processing is GDPR, Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. b – Fulfillment of contractual obligations - Participation in events.
(2) When you register, the following personal data will be transferred to Swapcard:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company (if specified)
- Position (if specified)
(3) Creation of a user profile:
With the help of this data, a basic user profile will be created by Swapcard. You as a participant will receive a link for the initial activation of your profile on Swapcard approx. 14–20 days before the event starts. By activating your profile, you can manage your visibility on the platform yourself. By default, your profile is visible to other participants. However, you can change the visibility of your profile at any time. You also have the option to add further information to your profile such as
- Additional function
- Social media
- Additional information about your areas of interest
- Contact information (email, address, phone numbers)
Contact information is generally not visible to other participants. However, you can intentionally share contact information with other participants by sending contact requests or agreeing to receive contact requests.
(4) Participants in the event are all registered persons who have a profile in Swapcard. This includes conference participants, trade fair visitors, speakers and exhibitors.
(5) If you do not activate your profile on Swapcard, the following services of our virtual event will not be available to you: networking with other participants and facilities of the digital fair (exhibitor profiles, consulting interviews with exhibitors, tool presentations, job market, chats accompanying the conference presentations, and topical discussion groups).
(6) Further information on Swapcard and data security can be found at https://www.swapcard.com/gdpr/.
d) tekom-Café: efec Ag
(1) We cooperate with efec AG to provide the tekom café. With tekom-Café, yet another essential service is being provided in the context of conference and trade fair participation: networking. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR - fulfilment of contractual obligation - participation in an event.
(2) When you register, the following personal data will be transferred to efec AG:
- First and Last Name
(3) Installation of user profiles
Your first and last name are used to create your user profile. To activate your profile, you will receive a personalized code from us. You can then expand, change, or delete the information in your profile. You also have the option to set a profile picture. The information of your profile is generally accessible to other users. However, you can use a shift lever within your profile to hide your details and not display them to other users. The Attendees tab displays a list of all visible participants in the café.
(4) Further information about efec AG and data protection can be found at https://efec.de/datenschutzerklaerung/.
4. Satisfaction survey and advertising
(1) Your satisfaction is important to us. Thus, we are providing you the opportunity to participate in a satisfaction survey after the event. Furthermore, we assume that you are interested in receiving publication notices by email in connection with the presentations you attended and information on similar events. The legal basis for this is GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, lit. f and the German Act against Unfair Competition, §7 para. 3. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to be informed.
(2) Only with your express consent during the registration process within the meaning of GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. a will you receive information about new publications and training programs from tekom/tekom Europe and tcworld GmbH by email, in writing or, in individual cases, by telephone until revocation, which is possible at any time.
(3) You may inform us at any time if you no longer wish to be informed or if you wish to withdraw your consent. You can inform us of this in writing to tcworld GmbH, Rotebühlstraße 64, 70178 Stuttgart, Germany, by fax to +49 711 65704-99, or by email (info(at)tekom.de). You can also select for yourself which information/newsletter(s) you would like to receive using the subscription center.
5. Planned storage period/deletion of your profiles and user accounts
(1) The personal data associated with the event organization will be deleted by the controller at the latest after the legal retention periods have expired.
(2) EMENDO will delete the collected data within 6 months after the event.
(3) Your profile in the event app is intended for use at further events. 3 years at the latest after the last use of your profile, your data will be automatically deleted by Swapcard. You can delete your profile in Swapcard yourself at any time. If you delete your profile, all information, events, messages and contacts will be removed. This action cannot be undone.
(4) Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage is deleted. This is basically the case after the end of an event.
(5) You can delete your user account under 'my tekom' or 'my conference tool' at any time after the conference if your user account is not also used for your tekom membership under 'my tekom'. If you delete your user account, the controller will delete all data not legally required to be stored or retained.
6. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information
- Right of correction or deletion
- Right to limit processing
- Right of objection to processing
- Right of data portability
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Further information on data protection with regard to the use of the conference portal (e.g. cookies, social media plug-ins) is available here.