Conditions of participation
Conditions of Participation
Registration for the conference is binding. Registration conditional upon participation in a specific lecture, workshop or evening event is not permitted.
Purchasers of the participation entitlement who are not themselves participants (i.e., if the participation entitlement is not purchased or ordered exclusively for themselves) are responsible for ensuring that participants who receive the participation entitlement from them are made aware of these General Terms and Conditions and accept them.
Terms of Payment
The participation fee is due upon registration. It is payable immediately after invoicing or via the online payment system.
If no payment is received, the difference between the standard price and the amount of the early bird discount will be charged three weeks after invoicing. Use of the early bird discount excludes payment of the invoice on site. The obligation to pay does not lapse if the participant does not participate. If the participant cannot ensure that the invoice amount is received before the start of the conference, it must be paid on site at the conference or proof of transfer of the invoice amount must be provided.
Early Booking Discount
If payment for the early bird discount is not received within three weeks of the invoice date, the difference to the standard price will be charged subsequently. If a subsequent invoice has been issued, participation is only possible after payment of the standard price.
Participants may cancel their participation in accordance with the following provisions:
- Cancellations up to one week before the start of the conference are free of charge for participants.
- For cancellations received by the organizer within one week of the start of the conference, the organizer may charge a reasonable lump sum of 90.00 euros net or withhold this amount from the participation fees already received; the participants have the right to prove that the organizer has suffered a lesser loss.
- If a participant fails to attend without canceling or for reasons covered by these Genral Terms and Conditions or by law, the full participation fees will be due.
- In the event of illness
- the ticket may be transferred to a third party free of charge. Cancellation fees will not be charged in this case. The participants originally registered must promptly provide evidence of their illness by submitting a medical certificate, otherwise the above cancellation conditions will apply.
- the ticket may be canceled free of charge with evidence of illness. For this purpose, evidence of illness must be promptly provided in the form of a medical certificate, otherwise the above cancellation conditions will apply.
If participants who are consumers within the meaning of Section 13 of the German Civil Code (BGB) exercise their right of statutory revocation, the provisions for revocation and its legal consequences will take precedence.
Conduct of Proceedings
The organizer may change individual elements of the conference if this is necessary and if this does not change essential parts of the conference. In such cases, there is no right to a reduction or refund of the admission fee if the change is not material and is reasonable for the participants under the circumstances of the individual case.
To the extent that performances, lectures, presentations, etc. are the subject matter of the contract, the organizer is responsible for the proper selection of performers, lecturers, and speakers (contributors), but is not responsible for their content, the manner in which they are presented, or their claims.
In principle, there is no entitlement to specific contributors, unless this is expressly announced or agreed as the sole or essential element of the event.
The languages of the event are German and English, unless otherwise stated.
Pictures and Audio/ Video Recordings
Audio recordings, video recordings and photographs are strictly prohibited. Exceptions must be discussed with conference management beforehand.
We would like to inform you that tcworld takes pictures of the conference for purposes of documentation and publicity. It is therefore possible that you may be recognizable on pictures. The pictures and video recordings are kept permanently as documentation of the conference. Selected material will be used for reporting and promotion purposes in ‘tk’, tcworld magazine, the association websites, newsletters, and on social media channels such as Twitter, XING, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
Please approach the photographer or cameraperson directly if you do not wish to be photographed or filmed.
The legal basis for processing pictures and video recordings is the legitimate interest of the organizer pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Interviews and statements will only be recorded and published with your express consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
The place of both performance and jurisdiction is Stuttgart.
Reserving a Place
Reserving a place at workshops
Workshops are held on site only and there are limited places available. In order to attend a workshop, a place must be reserved in advance. Participation cannot be guaranteed without a reservation. Reservations are made in 'my conference tool'.
Forfeiture of conference reservations due to non-payment
There are only limited places available for conference sessions. If no payment or proof of attendance has been received by 7:00 a.m. on the morning of the respective day of the conference, the participant's reservation(s) for sessions on that day will be forfeited.
Access data for 'my conference tool' must not be passed on to other people. Access data is valid on a per-person basis; other people are not permitted to listen and/or watch without access data.
Recording or partial recording and screenshots of technical lectures, tutorials or other online events are not permitted.
The screening of technical presentations, tutorials or other online events, whether publicly or privately, is also not permitted.
Recordings will be available for three months after the conference.
Technical and system requirements
Participants wishing to use the audio functions via VoIP will need a fast internet connection, a microphone, and speakers. A USB headset is recommended. Information on system requirements can be found here. A system check can be done here.
Participants can download the conference service provider's desktop application or use a temporary application to join. Troubleshooting information can be found here.
It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure that their internet connection is suitable and that the technical and system requirements are met. Participants are not entitled to rescind or terminate the contract if they are prevented from participating because they do not have a suitable internet connection, cannot meet the technical or system requirements, or if individual applications are blocked, e.g. by their employer.
Participation rules during the Sessions
Depending on the format (e.g. technical lecture), participants are automatically muted and listen in via the loudspeaker system of the device used. For an alternative dial-in via telephone, dial-in information is displayed in the audio area under "Telephone call". Participants can ask questions by typing these in the question window of the control panel. However, depending on the number of participants, it may not be possible for speakers to answer all the questions. The choice of questions to be answered is up to the speakers.
Networking opportunities will be available after the sessions.
Conference platform and networking
Participants can do the following on the conference platform:
- Conference platform and networking
- Participants can do the following on the conference platform:
- View a program overview
- Network with other participants and sponsors
- Visit the sponsors' showrooms
- View sponsor presentations
- Participate in chats and discussion groups
- View sponsor profiles
- Book appointments with sponsors
Rules of Conduct for tcworld Conferences
We want all participants to have a positive conference experience and feel comfortable at tcworld conferences. For this reason, we have drawn up these rules of conduct.
To whom and when do the rules of conduct apply?
The rules of conduct apply to all conference participants, speakers, sponsors, tekom and tcworld GmbH employees, guests and helpers who participate in tcworld conferences on site and online. They apply irrespective of whether they are events, chats, appointments with sponsors or other contacts within the framework of tcworld conferences.
- Behave in a friendly and respectful manner.
- Be polite and tolerant.
- Use the numerous chats after the conferences and on the conference platform to get in touch with other participants.
- Networking is expressly encouraged.
Participants and others must not
behave in an insulting, derogatory, discriminatory, sexist, aggressive, or disruptive manner towards others
post or display extremist, discriminatory, insulting, propagandistic, political, inflammatory, pornographic, immoral, or illegal content
post or display content that infringes the rights of third parties, in particular copyright as well as trademark, name, patent, utility model, design patent, image, and personal right
post or display content that promotes political parties or ideologies
post or display content that is subject to a legal or contractual obligation of secrecy
advertise products or services outside the designated areas
create or distribute links to other telemedia containing illegal information.
What happens if rules of conduct are violated?
Please notify us immediately at email@example.com if the above rules of conduct have been violated by others. This is the only way that we can take action.
Please let us know:
When and where the incident occurred
Name/description of the people involved
What exactly happened
Whether the violation is still ongoing
Any other useful information, as appropriate.
You may also report incidents to us where you are not sure whether the rules of conduct have been breached. We will keep your name confidential in all cases.
Possible measures if the rules of conduct are violated:
- Personal exhortation to refrain from the behavior in future
- Public request to refrain from the behavior
- Request to apologize
- Request to refrain from contact with a person who feels harassed
- Removal of content that is unlawful, insulting, or otherwise causes offence
- Exclusion of people who do not respect the rules of conduct from individual areas or the entire digital tcworld conference (without reimbursement of participation fees); further damages remain reserved.
Advertising and acquisition
We welcome the active participation of sponsors. The on-site conference and conference platform are the perfect setting for making new contacts and showcasing tools.
As always, sessions such as technical presentations, workshops, tutorials, and meetups must be free of advertising. This also applies to the chats following the sessions.
Deviating conditions of participation for in-person participation in tcworld conferences
- The number of participants for tcworld conferences is limited.
- Participation in the in-person event is subject to the coronavirus regulations of the State of Baden Württemberg valid at the time of the conference as well as any official requirements and the hygiene concept of the venue operator. If participants are unable to comply with the applicable regulations, they may switch to online participation.
- Selected contributions to the conference (including participants and speakers) will be recorded and transmitted via the conference platform. Recordings will be available to conference participants for a further three months via 'my conference tool'. By registering for this in-person event, you agree to this.
- If the organizer moves the event to another date for compelling reasons (for example, to avoid the cancellation of the event due to force majeure), the terms and conditions for this new date will continue to apply. The organizer can make the rescheduling dependent on sufficient participants not rescinding the contract; for this purpose, we can set a deadline for all participants to agree to participate at the new location or on the new date. In the event of a rescheduling, participants may rescind the contract and will be refunded any participation fees already paid. Claims for damages and claims for compensation of futile expenses against the organizer are excluded. No right of rescission exists if the organizer has already specified the new date as an alternative at the time of conclusion of the contract.
- The same applies if the in-person form of the conference or parts thereof are held online in whole or in part for compelling reasons. In the event of a change from in-person participation to online participation, the organizer is obliged, to the extent possible and reasonable, to adjust the participant fees appropriately and to refund any overpayments on a pro rata basis; confirmation from a lawyer, tax advisor or certified accountant will suffice as proof of appropriateness.
Force Majeure, FAILURE TO HOLD THE CONFERENCE
- In the event of force majeure resulting in the discontinuation of the conference or interruption of the contract or the conference or individual contractual services, both parties have the right to rescind the contract.
- This also applies in the event of impossibility pursuant to Section 275 (2) BGB.
- In these above-mentioned cases, services rendered must be reversed in accordance with Section 346 BGB and the claim to the contractual services will lapse. Claims for damages and compensation of futile expenses are excluded.
- If force majeure makes it impossible to hold the event in person, online transmission of the event will only be affected if this too has become impossible or unreasonable.
- The organizer may invoke the above provision if the conference cannot be held due to infection control measures or if holding the conference is economically unreasonable.
If participants are merchants within the meaning of the German Commercial Code (HGB) or a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, the following applies: The place of jurisdiction for all claims arising from the contract is the organizer's place of business. The organizer is also entitled to select the place of business of the respective participant(s) as the place of jurisdiction.
Tel. +49 711 65704-0
Fax +49 711 65704-99
© 2021 tcworld GmbH